Wednesday, November 26, 2008

it's always an exciting time planning my wedding...

i got a phone call yesterday that some fabulous news.... that was kinda sucky (sorry fran..... i am excited!! really... but sad too...)

my cousins frances, scott, and elijah got the phone call they had been dreaming of. the phone call that told them that they had a court date!!!! yay!!!! it really is exciting.... even if it is 2 days before the wedding.

that's right. they will be in ethiopia when i get married. i almost started crying when she told me. i was excited for them, but really sad for me. but not in a selfish way, i don't think. even if they weren't going to have any part in the wedding, it's hard for me to imagine getting married and not have them there. even as i type this, i'm holding back my tears.

frances and scott are these amazing people that mean the world too me. they were the one's who made me really see God, and what He meant to me. they are the people that would tell me when they weren't happy of what i was doing... and when they were bursting at the seams with pride in me. i mean, they flew out to la all the way from ohio for my collage graduation! it was so huge for them that they had to be there.

and now, it really isn't about finding someone else to do the ceremony, or having my aunt play instead of my cousin... it's about the fact that some of my closest family won't be able to be there.

but, i really am way happy for them! i told them before, if the baby comes then, go get the baby. that is more important than my wedding. and, i can't wait to meet my new cousin, jonathan. then,maybe they can come in the summer time and i can get him a peter pan hat from disneyland.... to match his big brother's!

*besos*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! what else could happen??? wait...i don't want to know :)

congrats scott and francis

good luck leilani and chris :)

God does have in interesting plan, doesn't He?