Wednesday, November 17, 2010

i have waaaaaay too much going on in my life

really. i have a whole load of assignments to do in the next 4 weeks. some which include interviews of official people who don't care to speak to a sad little MSW student. not that i'm sad, but still.

aside from the papers, presentation, and the symposium, i have A LOT on my plate.

i'm not complaining, though. mostly because of my wedding rings. because i'm happy and married? no. well, i am. but it's more than that.

chris had both my engagement ring and my wedding band engraved. on my engagement ring is, what i think is the most unwedding-y, unromantic verse... 2 Timothy 3:12, "Indeed, all you desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted." see? totally unromantic. on our wedding bands is Matthew 24:13, "But the one who endures to the end will be saved."

those are verses that have a major significance in my life these days. not only am i reminded of how my marriage is for God's glory, but i'm reminded of what Jesus did on the cross for me, and how i must be willing to give my life for Him. how being a Christian isn't all "you will have it all! just name it and claim it!" it's hard. people will be mean. they will hurt. but, God is sovereign over all things, and all work to His glory for those who love Him.

"But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall. And you shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, on the day when I act, says the LORD of hosts." Malachi 4:2&3

1 comment:

amy said...

prayer does amazing things. it focuses your mind on Christ and not on stuff. "turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face and the things of earth will grow strangly dim in the light of his glory and grace" If you sing it will sound amazing.