Thursday, December 18, 2008

beauty is such a pain

PSA: there will be graphic language in the following post...

so,

i've been going to get facials every month for the last 7 months. it's great.. really, it is. i really look forward to going and getting my pores de-clogged. then she does the fabulous micodermabrasion. i have spent a not so small fortune on getting my face bridal ready...

however, there are times when it isn't so fun. like yesterday. my face has been misbehaving rather badly these last 2 weeks. and, i suffered greatly for it.

i knew it was going to be painful when i woke up last friday to feel some of those yucky under-the-skin pimples. you know.. the really painful ones? so yeah, i had more than one. i said to myself "self: at least you have an appointment to get a facial on wednesday" then i cried a little b/c i knew it would hurt.

flash forward to yesterday. when i got to the office, the facial lady called me into the room and i told her that my face was doing pretty bad lately. she agreed and prepared me for what lay ahead.

for those of you who haven't had a facial before.. they aren't all fun and games. if you have to go for an acne cleansing... be prepared to cry! first, she wiped my face with cleanser and left me under the humidifier for about 10 minutes. and that's when the fun ended.

with out too much gore: they get this sharp little tool and stab you pore to open it up. then, if it's a small one, they use this scraper thing to extract whatever is inside. but, if it's big, they stab it a few more times and squeeeeeze the life out of it. i thought i was going to die! i swear there was blood and nast everywhere!

it was horrible!

but, now, after surviving the worst facial of my life (yeah... it was that bad... *tear*), i think i'll be okay. i made two more appointments between now and the wedding. so, hopefully i will be bridal ready... or, i will be using a TON of make-up.

*besos*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWWW!! that stinks!! and hurts!!!

ps. my word verification to post this is "holymen" you should start using that word...haha