Friday, November 20, 2009

how is this my fault now!?!?!?!

lame financial aid office!!!

i've had the most annoying time trying to get my school loan processed since before school started. the problem...

my name change.

no, not upset about that. i heart my new name. but, i applied for FAFSA while i was still legally martinez, but the school had o'roark. so, there is a huge issue because, even though the SSN is the SAME, the last names don't match.

so, the week before school started, when i found this out, i called FAFSA and they said that i could not change the name on the original FAFSA, and that i would have to file a new one. i went all the way to apu and met with my advisor, where he told me the same thing, called his supervisor to confirm, and then said, "yeah, you'll have to file again under the new name."

i did that.

now, the school as two FAFSA with two last names but the name SSN. and, for some reason, they can't process them. and, it's MY fault because i filed the second one when i was told that all apu needed me was to change the name on the original FAFSA.

umm, no. you told me that i needed to re-file with my new name!!!

grrrrrrr.....

~besos~

2 comments:

aj said...

it's so not your fault.. i'll pray for there brains to start processing their lame mistake
hang in there minimuffin

Frances Williams said...

gotta love the us gov!!! hope it gets worked out!!