Thursday, April 16, 2009

darn it.

this easter we went o my parents house. sister and viko were there, yay. but, being that she's my sister and we have that "i tell you the truth about how you look b/c we're family and you love me anyway..." thing going on.... she asked me about my weight.

yes, i've gained weight. no, mami, i'm not working out. no anyone else, i don't have too much time to do so. darn it ashley, when are we going for our walking date?!?

*sigh*

it sucks. between thanksgiving to now i've gained about 10 pounds. yikes! i don't rally know what happened. i think it was a combination of: the holidays, the fact that my dress was big and i needed to fill it in, honeymoon food, lots of juice in the fridge, i love pasta... you name it.

so, i see lizzy all cute and getting skinnier by the minute, and it makes me think, "man, i need to get on that train." however, i've always had the biggest problem with will power. i mean, really... have to met my shopping problem? i think the only thing that stops me is having to explain spent money to chris. that and the fact that i never have a chance to go to the mall!

but... i think i came up with a solution.

i bought 5 lb weights and The Shred dvd. it's by jillian from the Biggest Loser. and, i have this workout thing in the fitness mags i get. don't laugh. yes, i get fitness magazine. it's kinda like a motivator. anywho, i did 4 of the 10 work outs the mag, and my butt was kicked. really. i was dying. man am i out of shape!! gracie, remember when i could hack the whole latin cardio thing!?! i think i'd die in it now!

okay, so here is my new plan. and i tell you so you can all help me keep this routine up.
1) bring oatmeal and yogurt to work for breakfast
2) bring lunch to work (no, i don't usually do that... but i will)
3) do some sort of work out between getting home and dinner 4 times a week
4) hopefully get together with ashley about going walking on saturday mornings
5) eat smaller portions
6) drink more water
7) make healthier meals (helps me and cs!)

so, today, i will get home prepare dinner, do about 35 minutes of whatever this Shred is, then do dinner. maybe i can get chris in on it too! eh, he just wants to see my butt get all cute a perky again.... man do i miss the ymca!

*besos*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OOO Can I come walk with you ladies on Saturday mornings? That would be fun!!!!

Grace B. said...

Go cardio! I loved that.
I've been doing 8 minute abbs and 8 minute buns with the girls in my dorm every day. I feel the burn.

Frances Williams said...

ooo, get a yoga ball. like the big one. well, maybe medium for you, my small little cousin(-: anywho, I've been doing excercises from you tube on the nights that I didn't make it to the Y...lets just say, pretty good workout!!!

love you and I feel your pain...darn it slow metabolism!!!!

leililan said...

i did my first session with jillian. chris loved watching me while he got ready for work.... and, jillian i evil!!!

oh, lizzy, you can totally come! but you might be faster than us, considering you have been at it for a while!