Thursday, August 21, 2008

the progress thus far..

so, weddings are way fun. i enjoy going to them... and i i tend to enjoy the food at them. but planning one can be a bit tedious. my kudos to all those females in the world who were able to plan their wedding with no help of a wedding planner.

chris and i have tons of stuff done already... we have the location booked. it's this pretty hotel in Santa Maria, Ca... The Santa Maria Inn. we're getting married in the Garden/Patio/Courtyard thing. there's tons of plants and trees, and there's a fountain. everyone involved (plus those that will be there!) are praying for nice weather since January can bit fickle in those parts. but at least we have the biggest things out of the way...

i have my dress (!!!!!). well, i bought it already. i'm still waiting for it to come in. but i love it! it's fabulous to the max. and, we got all the girls dresses ordered. i'm so excited to see them altogether. they have a central theme. but i can't disclose too much information, lest it get's back to cs. and, as of last week, we have the guys suits picked out. fun piece of information... the guys will all be wearing converse. joel (one if the groomsmen) isn't too excited, but really, you'll be comfortable!

so, now we have the not as major (but still pretty big) task of cake and flowers. i have everything in my head, and in a note book full of things i've torn out of magazines, so hopefully it will be as smooth as the rest of the things have turned out to be.

plus (!!!!) i just thought of another part of my bridesmaids gift. but i can't say, since some of them read this thing... but i'm way excited! oh, and party favors! i forgot about those... i think they might end up killing either me or my budget, whichever first.

but all in all, i'm really excited to be here. i can't wait 'til the day after the wedding, when we'll finally be married... but i'm really looking forward to the whole day!

*besos*

3 comments:

Barbie said...

I am so glad to get to see and read about your wedding planning adventures. It makes me feel like I can be apart of the process somehow! Tj and I are putting away extra 10S and 20's when we have them in our travel box, so that we can hopefully afford to go see beautiful you on your big day.
I hope your wedding dress is pink! and if its not, then maybe I'll have to wear pink since you completely transformed me and my wardrobe by introducing PINK!

Frances Williams said...

so happy, did you get my message the other day? Just checking.

We are so happy for you and are starting to stress because we have yet to receive a referral and am getting more and more scared it could be later than sooner.

PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!!!

love you!

Unknown said...

yeah! go bridesmaids gifts!!!