Tuesday, August 26, 2008

VBS... Day 1

wow.... if i could get away with just that word, i would... but them elisabeth would all after me for details...

anywho, let's just say, i single handedly got VBS started. yes, it's true. it was more like i was the alone director, not the co-... but it's cool. running around the church is good for my heart, yes? in more ways than one! the puppets were funny... the kids really liked them. and my lesson came out okay... kinda scattered...

funny thing though, i was talking about moses... i was telling them about how Pharaoh ordered all of the midwives to kill the Hebrew babies, and such. so it occurs to me, "you guys know what midwives are, yes?" i got the blank stare... then charlie (this kid is sooo smart, but he's lazy. those kids make me mad! but hey, at least he's funny!) looks at me, holds his thumb and 1st finger out as though motioning something little and said... "is it a little wife? like a small one?" and i lost it... so, for the rest of the evening we would walk around, them suddenly shrink down and say "i'm a midwife!" in our best little voice...

so, i guess it was pretty good. we had about 70 people show up... (mostly) kids and adults; we have classes for the whole family. my sister was blown away when i was telling her about my duties... then she complemented me.... "i'm sooo not jealous of you"... thanks learsi!

*besos*

No comments: