Thursday, October 7, 2010

drink enough???

did you know that you're supposed to drink half of your body weight in ounces everyday?? seriously. that's a ton of water.

today at school we had a meeting with an accreditor for the MSW program. during this meeting i was sitting next to my super cool friend marisa, when we looked up to see sheryl *another super cool friend* and her eternal supply of water bottles. okay, so maybe it was only 1 big one and 3 little ones. but she was on her way to get another water bottle! and, i swear she only had like 2 bottle when we got there.

either way, i realized that i need to add another thing to my list of what i need to do. DRINK MORE WATER!

well, i did. i had 4 bottles today. and i don't know that i can handle it. i mean, really. during field seminar *which is pretty sucky, by the way* i had to get up like 5 times to go pee. okay, maybe i just went twice during class and once after class. but, i was pretty much dying to get into the house after my 1 hour drive home.

however, in my cardio class tonite *which kicked my butt, by the way* i felt really good. and now, my head doesn't hurt. and actually still feel pretty fantastic.

but that leads me to think about the Living Water, and how that satiates more than my body. it satiates my soul.

Jesus said to her, "Everyone who drinks the of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up eternal life."
John 4:13 & 14

so you see Jesus is, like, the perfect water. because, as i totally proved today, the water i drink makes me have to pee. then i get thirsty and drink more. and the cycle perpetuates itself. but with Christ, the filled doesn't go away. and that, my friends, is Awesome!

i kinda like this. oh, i'm going on a tangent now. if my needing to lose weight gets me to read my Bible more and seek Christ's word more.. then hey! bring on the muscle pain and salads!

*besos*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you girlie! Keep it up!

Adriana said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! And you, obviously.